Saturday 12 February 2011

Hello? Hello? Is Anyone There?

I can't quite believe that I've been 'missing in action' for so long. I've had all sorts of computer troubles which are now, thankfully, behind me and my week has ended on a couple of good notes. Getting back my laptop and spending yesterday with The Awesome One.

Now, although we meet quite often to chat and craft, we generally end up spending at least an hour 'showing and telling' - showing each other any new bits of stash, sharing finished projects and telling each other about new techniques we've learnt. Yesterday was no different, Mel showed me some of the beautiful things she's been receiving in her monthly scrapbook kit club and I tried very hard not to be jealous of her Crate Paper and Studio Calico. *Sigh*

I've been um-ing and ah-ing over joining a scrapbooking kit club myself for...ooh...at least the last six months and I've finally made a decision, deciding that I would much rather purchase a few tools - punches, stamps and die-cuts - than spend my money on more patterned papers. Pretty though they are, they do tend to sit in my craft room while I use more and more kraft cardstock.

So, I'm super excited by new scrapbook challenge blog, The Counterfeit Kit Club and I spent yesterday putting together my kit from the stash I'd taken along to Mel's. She watched on as I spent at least half an hour arranging everything prettily before taking photographs and kindly told me I'd be excellent at putting together kits. Oh, a girl can dream!

CK3

This month's inspiration kit from Scraps of Darkness is full of beautifully rich colours and romantic designs and I wanted to stay as true to the kit as possible, so I pulled out a sampling of reds, blacks and pinks - and, because I don't have any purples or lilacs, I added some turquoise as a contrast. In addition, my 'main kit' contains some beautiful lace ribbons, Remarks by American Crafts, a Jenni Bowlin Bingo Card, Making Memories Notelets, Papermania bling and some chipboard frames. There's also some handmade journalling notes and flowers - and of course, a doily. What kit is complete without a doily these days?

CK2

In my 'add on kit' there's some complementary cardstocks, embroidery threads, some deep red teardrop shaped bling, a couple of handmade beaded embellishments and a chipboard Eiffel Tower - from a swap c.2009. I'll be adding in the 'colour kit' made up of Cosmic Shimmer Mists in Candy Pink, Aqua Lagoon and Mallow Blush - all of which I'd left at home.

CK

Now, seriously, if you received all of this in a kit, wouldn't you be thrilled? And, you want to know the best bit? If I don't use it all this month, it's fair game for next month's kit. Hurrah!

It's good to be back 'showing and telling' here on the blog and I'll be around soon to catch up on everything you've been up to - I've missed you all so! x

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful - love the sunlight flooding in - it was such a good day :-)

    Right, girlie, now I want you to show and tell all about the gorgeous layouts you make with that kit, 'kay? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of very nice packages, Clair. And it's so good to see a post from you in my reader. I was thinking of you this week and wondering how you are doing as we just found out some sad news about my mom's health. I hope you doing well and that we see some yumminess created with those great kits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have put together a beautiful kit Clair ... now for the results I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely to see u back again clair, we missed u too. not that i've been around much but hey. love this kit such unusual items and lush colours.
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous kit! i love the idea of making a kit from existing stash, will have to check out that site :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your Counterfeit Kit! Those beaded embellishments are so pretty. I also love arranging everything to photograph it :) You did a great job. Thanks for playing!
    *meridy*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bling, looks like your kit will be fun to work with.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful job! How did you make the beaded embellies?

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kit is lovely, can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a beautiful kit! Looking forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x