Monday 20 August 2018

Casual Fridays August Releases: Nate & Friday

So, it's the last day of the brand new releases from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, where we have been sharing all of the new releases over on the CAS-ual Fridays Blog. If you *still* haven't visited, then you are missing out on some amazing projects from the Ink Squad!

Last, but not least, we're sharing the adorable 'Nate & Friday' stamp set, which makes me smile every time I look at it! It's so lovely - and it's full of the cutest little sentiments!


Now, one of the comments (or concerns) that I hear most often when I share cards or layouts featuring stamps, is that colour is intimidating. Honestly, I hear you. Colouring is not my favourite (because I'm a perfectionist and I find it frustrating!) and I am nowhere near as skilled as some of the other ladies on the Ink Squad when it comes to colour. But ... the beauty of the stamp sets from CAS-ual Fridays is that they look amazing in the simplest of styles!

To make the card for today, I kept it really simple and I still have a card on hand that will suit most folks!


To start, I added two of my favourite washis to the base of the card. Then, with the help of my We Are Memory Keepers Precision Press, I lined up both the Nate & Friday stamps - and a little sentiment. I then added some Momento Ink in Tuxedo Black to all of the stamps, and stamped firmly onto my card base. I needed to stamp more than once, because I didn't apply an even pressure, but the Precision Press makes this really easy.

I did consider a few extra embellishments, but I like having a card to hand that could suit anyone - and I can easily add the odd sequin or enamel dot another time, if I need to!

If you can't handle the anticipation, you don't have to wait until the end of the week to see all of the new sets. Head on over to CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and have a little sneak at the New Releases

2 comments:

  1. Great card! I really like the dark green that you used to color the dogs! It really looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x