Saturday, 22 September 2018

Best Birthday Layout

This month The Wild Hare Kits DT at have chosen another member of the DT to scraplift - it's such a fun way to find out more about each other and learn to appreciate new styles! I lifted a lovely layout by Kelly Barron. There were a lot to choose from, as I love Kelly's style - and it seems that we share a love of stitches on our layouts!


Of course, my layout does look a little bit different. Kelly works in 12x12, while I've moved to 8.5x11. This means that I've clustered all of Kelly's elements into the centre, and I've had to add some extras at the base, and across the top, of my layout to make sure it balances well. 


I loved the Heidi Swapp Hawthorne Stamp Set that was included in my Wild Hare Kit this month - and used one of the smaller sentiments on my layout. It's semi-circular but, because it's thin, it's fairly flexible and I was able to 'straighten' it for a different look!

One of my favourite elements on the finished layout is the little row of enamel dots, mirroring Kelly's row of hearts. I normally use them in clusters (like those spread across the layout) but I think I've found a new way to add more of them to my projects!

Tuesday, 18 September 2018

All The Feels Layout

I *think* this may be my favourite make of 2018. When I filled out my Style Profile for this month's Wild Hare Kit, I had absolutely no idea that I would end up scrapping a wedding. It really wasn't on my radar. I had no idea what I wanted to work on, so I asked for a versatile kit - one that would work for cards, layouts and other craftiness - and that's exactly what I received. (You can see my Wild Hare Kits: September 2018 Kit Reveal on my YouTube Channel.) 


I adored all of the black and white elements in my kit; a lovely mix of cardstocks from Amy Tan's 'Shine On' collection, Project Life cards, Simple Stories washi and, of course, the beautiful (exclusive) sequin mix from Spiegelmom Scraps. 

Basing the layout on this month's sketch, I had tried several of the Project Life cards with a different photograph. But, I didn't like the colour combination and I wanted to 'lift' the layout a little. Then I found this photograph of my nephew and his lovely bride, taken at their wedding in April 2017, and I knew I was 'onto a winner'.


Once the main area of the layout was completed (it did take a little while to make sure the idea of that sequin section worked well!) I moved on to embellishment. First I added a little extra embellishment to the sequin section, with an Epoxy Badge from the Simple and Sweet collection by Pinkfresh Studios. I love the little bit of colour and how it brings out the shimmer in the sequins. I then added extra detail with a little stamp from the Heidi Swapp 'Hawthorne' set, and set it off with a few enamel dots that are also from the Simple and Sweet collection.


I added the date of the wedding, with the Hawthorne set (so, so versatile!) and then used some of the 'Shine On' cardstock to make a little bow detail above the date. At the base of the layout I added a section of washi from Simple Stories, with two score lines above for a bit of extra detail. 

I'm so thrilled with my (unintended) layout! 

Saturday, 15 September 2018

You Are Wonderful Layout {Killing Kits Series}

Hello lovelies! It's Clair with the latest video in the Killing Kits Series and I'm thrilled, because in this video, I combined the leftovers from two kits to make one, fantastic layout!

Both of my Wild Hare Kits from August 2017 and September 2017 featured the Carousel Collection from Crate Paper (as well as lots of co-ordiated loveliness) but I was left with a selection of cardstock that featured bold colours, carnival/animal cut-outs and some embellishments!


I've been asked a lot, since I started the Killing Kits Series, what I do with leftover items that feature bold colours, cute animals, and otherwise 'awkward' to use bits and bobs! So, in this video, I show how I 'reduce' the awkwardness - and reduce my leftovers!



I used the Heart Board Fri-Die from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps to die-cut all of the cardstock that remained from both kits into a selection of hearts in different sizes. Then added them in 'stacks' to a white 8x5 x 11 sheet.

Please feel free to leave comments here, on YouTube, or find me over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. I would love to hear from you!