Friday 13 July 2018

CAS-ual Fridays: Clean & Simple Watercoloured Splattering

Hello! I'm excited to share my first make as a member of the CAS-ual Fridays 'Ink Squad' and, a little later in the month, I'll share my first tutorial so be sure to follow the CAS-ual Fridays Blog!


For today's make, I've used the Best Day Ever Fri-Die to full effect to create a little card with a big wow! It may look clean and simple, but I became a little messy with my watercolours while I made it! (There's a co-ordinating Best Day Ever stamp set too, so don't forget to check that out too!)


First, I took a standard, white C6 card base and created a splattered effect with three colours of Pentel Watercolours (Prussian Blue, Viridian and Yellow Green) and a little bit of Windsor & Newton's Gold Gouache. (You can create a similar effect with inks and a little bit of water, if you don't have any watercolours!)

Once dried, I centred the Best Day Ever Fri-Die on the front of the card base and then ran it through my die-cutter. It cuts like a dream - no little burrs or fluffs!


I backed the die-cut with a little Rinea Gold Foiled Paper to add some shine; then, I added all of the little 'inners' from the die to the centre of the letters. It really makes the sentiment stand out. For the finishing touch, I added a few sequins and a little bit of bling for a bit of texture. All done!

Please check us out on Instagram & Pinterest, and share your CAS-ual Friday creations with us (@casfridays and #casfridays) we love seeing what you have created! Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments! Thank you x