Friday 8 June 2018

Wild Hare Kits: Remember This Always Layout & Process Video

Hello! Hello! Even if I am based in the UK (where summer is normally confined to two, mid-week, days of sunshine sometime in June) I am so excited for summer! And I have my kit from The Wild Hare Kits to thank for all of the excitement



This month I received a Deluxe Kit to work with and I could not have been more happy with the wonderful selection of neutral cardstock and fun, travel themed embellishments. I decided to start on some of my older travel stories – and I really want to focus on the actual stories – so I started with this beautiful tree, on the Etosha Salt Plains in Namibia. I like a clean look, so I chose to use the more neutral side of Paper No. 22 from the Paige Evan’s Pick Me Up Collection for Pink Paislee.


I added detail with a 6x4 Project Life Card from the kit and some of the die-cuts from Crate Paper’s Here and There Collection. Then added some washi to create a hidden section on the layout behind the central section. I’ve used some of the Palms Paper from Crate Paper’s Wild At Heart Collection to create an envelope (which I’ll stuff with notes about Namibia and some ephemera) all hidden away!


I used one of my small (like, really, teeny-tiny) dies to create some arrows, which I’ve added to the central section of the layout. I’m so happy that I was able to stitch over them without difficulty. Sometimes I hold my breath a little when I add stitches – as it’s a make or break moment!


Finally, I stitched a little at the bottom of the layout, for some extra texture and added a little sentiment from One Canoe Two’s Twilight Collection (I received that last month and it’s the only element that I’ve added from my stash all month!) and some enamel dots!


There’s a Process Video for this layout over on my YouTube Channel today, so do head on over and subscribe, if you want to see these layouts in action – and catch a little look at the hidden section!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments! Thank you x