Friday 13 October 2017

Clean & Simple Watercolour Card {Swedish House Crafts}

Hello! Today, I have a 'Clean & Simple' card to share, made with some of my favourite Gummiapan and Crafter's Companion items from Swedish House Crafts.


I started with some Crafter's Companion Watercolour Sheets, adding a little bit of colour in some fresh, citrus shades! Leaving that to dry, I hauled out my dire-cut machine and made a little stack of die-cuts with the Gummiapan - 2 Diamonds Die.

When the watercolour was dry, I stuck the die-cuts onto the watercolour, with the Crafter's Companion Extra Strong Permanent Glue Tape (it adheres like a dream!) then cut carefully around the edge with some craft scissors. I added the bigger die-cut diamond to the card first, then layered on the smaller diamond. 


I cut some Solar White Cardstock down to 6in x 3 in (folded to create a 3in x 3in card) then cut some Printable Vellum to fit inside the card, sticking the top edge of the Printable Vellum into the fold.


Then I used the Gummipan Stamp, 'Shine Bright Like A Diamond' Stamp on the inside of the card, as a matching sentiment. Doesn't the Momento Tuxedo Black Ink look so crisp? (Please note that this lovely stamp is currently out of stock but should be back soon. In the meantime, there's also a companion 'You're A Diamond' Stamp.)


I love this combination of fresh colours with crisp white and am especially loving how easy I am finding it to use watercolours in my crafting now that I have broken them out of their box! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments! Thank you x