Tuesday 19 September 2017

Creating Cards With A Layout Sketch {Wild Hare Kits}

The Wild Hare Kits have introduced two monthly challenges, aimed at helping Wild Hare Kitters to make the most of their custom kits! Each month we'll have a Sketch Challenge and a Wild Challenge - and the Wild Hare Kits DT will be offering some inspiration! 

This month, I've worked with the sketch. I'll be the first to admit that, as a non-traditional scrapbooker, I don't often use sketches, but I want to share how I've taken inspiration from our lovely sketch, and applied it to something a little different. 


I was initially drawn to the lines of hearts and circles that dominate the sketch and decided that I would incorporate some machine stitching to emulate the lines. I also really wanted to use a repetitive element - like the hearts or circles - as the main focal, but wanted something a little more cheerful to work with the colours in my kit. In the end, I settled on the butterflies and am really happy with the result. 


Once I'd die-cut all of the butterflies (27 in total!) I took further inspiration from the square elements in the sketch and chose to use several, layered squares as the base of my card. To finish off the card, I took my final inspiration from the floral elements in the sketch and tucked some die-cut leaves behind the main section of my card for a little bit of depth and interest. Et voila! I love it so much, that I may even use sketches as an inspiration more often!

I hope that you'll find some inspiration in the sketch to help you make the most of your Wild Hare Kit. Head on over to the Wild Hare Kit Blog for more inspiration and ideas from the Wild Hare Kit DT.

1 comment:

  1. I like your version very much: the stitching is a lovely repetition of the design, and the triple-layered butterflies really lift off the page. Off to follow your links ...

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x