Saturday 19 August 2017

Romantic Altered Matchbox {Swedish House Crafts}

It's time for me to share the first of my Design Team makes for Swedish House Crafts - and I could not be more thrilled! I could not have been happier with the selection of new (to me) collections that I received to work with - lots of romantic colours and textures; new and interesting stamps; amazing dies and some really lovely embellishments!


Swedish House Crafts are UK based, so if Gummiapan, Magnolia Stamps, Maja Design, Pion Design, Reprint and Roxstamps are all new to you, then it's well worth a visit!

The first make I have to share is this cute, little 'Romantic Altered Matchbox'. I used to make these little lovelies *all* of the time, but I haven't made one for so, so long!


The base of the matchbox is covered in one of the small florals from the Maja Design, Sofiero, Limited Edition Collection (shown below.) You can see that I've also used the same floral to cover the inside of the drawer. It's so soft and delicate. I'll be so sad when I have used it all!


Once the base was covered, I started to add embellishments - the best bit! I used more of the Maja Design, Sofiero, Limited Edition Collection with a Gummiapan Die (Rounded Large Twig) to make some leaves, then added a few hand-cut and coloured leaves to add a little depth.

I added some of my own handmade linen and lace flower embellishments, then tucked in some beautiful Coral Pink/Primrose Paper Flowers and Vintage White Paper Flowers to add a little colour.


To finish, I used more of the Maja Design, Sofiero, Limited Edition Collection to make a butterfly embellishment and added a Large Round Brad to the drawer for effect!

I'm so happy to have re-kindled an old love - and I'm sure that I'll share more matchboxes! In the meantime, head on over to the Swedish House Crafts Blog for more inspiration from the Design Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments! Thank you x