Tuesday 5 June 2012

Striped Peyote Bracelet {Tried & Tested}

One of the things that I hope will be highlighted by my new feature - Tried & Tested - is the people within the crafting community with experience and expertise who happily share their knowledge and enthusiasm with others. There is some amazing talent out there - and the lovely Tracey of Crystal Star Gems & Jewellery is no different. Every month, Tracey is posting a free tutorial on the Crystal Star Gems & Jewellery Facebook Page, each of them covering a new beading stitch at a level suitable for absolute beginners. 

And let me tell you, Tracey's Striped Peyote Bracelet Tutorial was amazing to work on! The photographs are fantastic, showing each of the steps in clear detail - and the instructions are well written without being too wordy. So, even though I only knew the basics of weaving in peyote stitch, I was soon beading away and, more importantly, enjoying myself!


Although it's an extremely easy piece to bead, I felt that I learnt so much from this one tutorial - including how to keep track of stitch counts, zip up flat bead work and decrease or increase in peyote using different sized beads. So to finish up with such a beautiful bracelet at the end, seems like a bonus! 

Tracey has now 'retired' the free version of this tutorial, but you can still purchase the Striped Peyote Bracelet Tutorial from Crystal Star Gems & Jewellery. At £2.99 it's a steal - and I promise you won't be disappointed. 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this tutorial and your experience of making it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bracelet, and I really liked your review!! Thanks for sharing it, Clair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Clair loving all your beady work. I wondered if you could share your tutorial for the safety pin and bead bracelet you made as it was lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x