Monday 21 May 2012

West Kirby Marina

I found a little bit of time this weekend to do some scrapbooking. I've really missed playing with my pretty papers over the last few months, so it's lovely to be feeling inspired again. Thankfully, there's lots of inspiration around at the moment - I had some new (well, old really) photographs printed off recently which is always a big boost to my scrapbooking mojo and, of course, I've been playing along with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge

The paper's in my kit for this month are perfect for scrapping the blues, greys and browns of my spring-time photographs from last year and I'm hoping that they'll be just as useful in scrapping the rest! I seem to have a lot of kit left, but not a lot of month though - so we'll have to see if I can manage to squeeze in everything I have in mind.

West Kirby Marina

I come back to this simple formula of strips and stitching, time and time again, because it works for me. It's minimalist, but it works especially well with my larger photographs. I've added in a little extra detail with some Cosmic Shimmer Mist and a selection of stamps from the Blossom Stacker Set by Unity and a word stamp from the Say Cheese Too Set by Lawn Fawn (both of which are available in the UK from Make The Day Special.) 

Do you have a scrapbooking formula? One that works for you when you're in a hurry, or when you need a kick start? I'd be interested to know - so that I can try it!

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes I have LOs to do too before the end of the month and there doesn't seem to be much month left.
    I don't think I have a formula, so I can't be much help on that score. Your LO and photo is intriguing me though. there must be a story behind it.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO. S xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Stitching and lines...girl after my own heart :0) Stick with what works hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely layout and that photo is stunning. perfect for the papers and colours you've chosen. Love that you are scrapping and blogging again.
    I have a formula these days of blocks, distressed and layered up. Then there's my twine wrap and cluster. Works for me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page! I'm not much help because strips and stitching are my go-to's as well oh and layering.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x