Sunday 18 September 2011

Travelogue - Salzburg

Hello. Hello. I'm still desperately trying to catch up with everything after a week away from home. But I don't regret it! It was an absolute blast! A super weekend with The Steve and then a weeklong work conference, where I got to catch up with a lot of friends. I just wish this weekend was a day longer :)

But, I didn't want to leave the little ol' blog too much longer. Have you noticed that the longer you leave it between blog posts, the harder it becomes to think of something to say?

Salzburg

Salzburg Cluster

Anyway, I'm sharing one of my travelogue layouts with you which will no doubt end up as a 'chapter' style page within the album. I made this very simply by using some of the papers left over from my Notre Dame Layout - I didn't even cut them - and a few embellishments that were leftover from My Counterfeit Kit For August, plus a couple of lovely roses from Precocious Paper.

I'm trying to keep the separating pages clean and simple, but have recurring themes and colours throughout. I'm hoping that will give the whole album, with it's very different stories, some much needed continuity. I've never actually made layouts with the whole album in mind before. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever made a whole layout album before, I normally stick to mini albums, so this is all new!

Now, there's some washing and ironing calling my name. *Groan* Wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely page. And yes I have noticed that if one leaves the blog too long then one really, really, really overthink that first post back. It looks like you didn't have that difficulty. Nice scrapping and blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! Just love your LO! Enjoy the ironing - eek! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. The page is beautiful Clair, and like another I saw of yours a little while ago, just the right mix of simplicity and embellishment!

    Blogging? Just like riding a bike ... hope back on and you'll be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - clean and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the simplest pages can be so effective. This is just lovely, Clair! I'd never have thought of putting those two patterned papers together, yet they work amazingly well. The rose is so cool and pulls it all together - and the stitching makes a nice, understated frame.
    Glad you had a great time away - of course, we always have to "pay for" our holidays - usually in laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a striking page with that lovely cluster of embellishments:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page! I love the simplicity of it with that embellishment cluster-the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, I love the mix of different flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your simple chapter pages and those flowers are simply divine. Hope you'll be able to join in with a game of Pass the Page - hop over to my blog if you are interested. (jsquaredscrapspot.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x