Tuesday 16 February 2010

Inspired To Create {Flickr Favourites}

During the winter months my creativity has suffered severely. At a time when we're almost expected to curl up on the sofa with our knitting I completely lost my creativity and I would sit and stare at my beads, papers or fabrics without even a hint of an idea. Not like me at all!

Now that the spring has arrived, I'm grateful that the urge to create has returned and I'm looking forward to finishing off some old works in progress and starting some new projects for the spring and summer.

Yesterday I sorted through my bead stash and then had a look through my flickr favourites to find some of the photographs I've saved as project inspiration. Aren't these jewellery pieces amazing?

Inspired To Create

1. Last Rose of Summer, detail, 2. Howlite, 3. Night At the Ballet - Rescued Pink Vintage Bead Pierced Earrings, 4. Summer Garden Earrings

I'm not claiming that I'll be able to produce anything as exquisite as the pieces I've featured, but do watch out for some beautiful beading heading this way. In the meantime, whet your own creative appetite by heading on over to see Mitsy & Co, who've been rounding up their own favourites this week.

9 comments:

  1. These are truly amazing pieces and talented artists behind them.
    Gorgeous mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the return of creativity - and I'm 100% sure that you will create something at least as beautiful as these lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, amazing indeed :-) Can't wait to see what you make though, as I know it'll be at least as amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great to see you back, Clair! Do not feel like you have to play each week though - it still needs to be fun! So lovely to hear your creative mind is on full steam again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I really love those earrings at the bottom! Good luck with your projects - I'm so happy to hear that your creativity has returned.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x