Thursday 30 July 2009

Sunshine On A Rainy Day

Well, what started out as another grey, miserable day has turned into a clear, bright summer's day and everything finally feels less depressing. If a few days of inclement weather in the middle of summer turn me into a emo blogger with more angst than the average teenager, I am dreading winter and I'm seriously considering the purchase of a sunlight lamp (or hibernation.)

I've been out all afternoon - walking along canal banks, talking to my folks and soaking up the precious rays of sunshine. We even had tea and toasted teacakes. It seems a good chat, some sun and some starchy goodness are what's needed to put me back in good spirits. Bring it on.

But the sunshine didn't stop there...I got a little (metaphorical) ray of sunshine in the post today from the lovely Ms. Kara who sent me some of her Backyard Confessions Postcards following a giveaway on her blog. The photography is so good - and I'm finding it difficult to choose my favourite - it keeps changing.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to waking up after a good night's sleep; working on my photography and some scrap time with a good friend. Night all x

4 comments:

  1. Oh, see I'm jealous of your rain! And emo blog away. It's great therapy. :)

    And I'm glad you liked the postcards. Happy mail is oh so wonderful. Thank you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO, i guess i should stay away from sending you grey anything!!!emo...did you make it up?Me, myself and I has been here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you feel better today. You're right, a bit of sunshine works wonders! If only the hibernation was an option this winter! And lovely posty goodies always makes you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunshine, starch and scrapping with a friend? Sounds like you're getting it sorted. :)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x