Saturday 4 August 2012

Stitching On Paper Class - Introduction

Welcome to the first day of class! I have been absolutely overwhelmed by the response already. Thank you so to all of my followers - new and old - for all of the comments and well wishes that you've left me this week! It's so very much appreciated!

All of the class materials will be available via the Stitching On Paper Collection over on Scribd. You should be able to view all of the class materials without an account, though you may need to create a (free) account to print or download. I hope this suits everyone - there just seemed to be too much material for each part of the class to pack into one or two blog posts!

Stitching On Paper - Sneak Peeks

The first part of the class, Stitching On Paper - Introduction is a simple hunting and gathering exercise, to help you ease into the weekend - and the idea of learning - gently. I'll be back later on today with the first tutorial, some inspirational projects and the details of that prize I mentioned! Enjoy x

16 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forwards to this Claire, can't wait! Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Clair for a great intro I probably have some stuff to enable me to take part though I am not sure how I will do but I am up for the challenge lol!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your class from Fiona's blog. Looks great and can't wait to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab intro Claire, Looking forward to popping back later for the next part

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really looking forward to the class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to this too but will have to follow along tomorrow. I have a wedding to go to today and have to get my hair and nails done! Vanity trumps crafting...teehee

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to do something different. Looking forward to your posts Clair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Starting off your Linky with my 'banner' card! Though, obviously, I count myself out of the draw in the interests of fairness and openness and just generally being nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to do some stitching on a page for a while and your inspiration was just what I needed thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back to the beginning again.

    want to hear something crazy? I LOVE sewing. A long time ago I had a small business designing and sewing wedding dresses and evening gowns. I was pretty good ;-) - there were lots of ruffles and fabric roses (well it was the late 80s!) and then I stopped. For many many years I hardly picked up a needle. And then I started scrapping - after several years I decided to invest in a new sewing machine for myself and since that time, I haven't stitched on a single piece of fabric! It's paper all the way for me now! Thanks for reinvigorating my love of all things stitchy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have started off with a bit of simple stitching on a layout & have linked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sewn on two LOs - but can only share one so have linked to that.

    Thanks for the reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've found your prompts really inspiring - I just LOVE the look of hand stitching on a page :D

    Machine stitching too come to that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for an awesome class, and for inspiring me to use the sewing machine that has been gathering dust in the closet!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x