Saturday 22 September 2018

Best Birthday Layout

This month The Wild Hare Kits DT at have chosen another member of the DT to scraplift - it's such a fun way to find out more about each other and learn to appreciate new styles! I lifted a lovely layout by Kelly Barron. There were a lot to choose from, as I love Kelly's style - and it seems that we share a love of stitches on our layouts!


Of course, my layout does look a little bit different. Kelly works in 12x12, while I've moved to 8.5x11. This means that I've clustered all of Kelly's elements into the centre, and I've had to add some extras at the base, and across the top, of my layout to make sure it balances well. 


I loved the Heidi Swapp Hawthorne Stamp Set that was included in my Wild Hare Kit this month - and used one of the smaller sentiments on my layout. It's semi-circular but, because it's thin, it's fairly flexible and I was able to 'straighten' it for a different look!

One of my favourite elements on the finished layout is the little row of enamel dots, mirroring Kelly's row of hearts. I normally use them in clusters (like those spread across the layout) but I think I've found a new way to add more of them to my projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments! Thank you x