Friday 1 September 2017

Field Notes {September's Counterfeit Kit Reveal}

Hello Counterfeiters! It's September and that means that it's time for a new Counterfeit Kit Reveal and, this month, we have a kit (and a wonderful Guest Designer, Jess-Claire) that I chose! 

Our inspiration kit is the Lost River 'Collection' from Studio Calico, which seemed like a nice transition between summer and autumn. It makes me think of the outdoors, camping, cold evenings and warm cider!


There are three kits in the Lost River 'collection' the Lost River Scrapbook Kit; the Lost River Documenter Kit; and the Lost River Planner Kit, so there's a lot of inspiration to work with. This month, I started with the base 'Patterned Papers' and tried to match them with stash. I based the selection on both sides, which can be seen in more clearly in the Lost River Digital Papers below - which are still available. (Enabling alert!)


I've remained fairly close to the inspiration kit with the neutrals and the black/whites. But I took a cue from the ombre in the inspiration kit, when I found a coral stripe in a Dear Lizzy collection, then added in more coral to substitute for the yellow. Then, to 'match' the ferns from Maggie Holmes 'Chasing Dreams' collection, I added in a little, unexpected touch of green - which makes the kit feel a little more earthy to me. 


I found a small (look, it's tiny) little bit of white cardstock that had 'Glitter Circles' on it! It's the back of an embellishment collection from Mrs. Brimbles! I wanted a little more of that Glitz in the kit - and decided to add in some 'Gold Confetti' that I made with some of my Metallic Foiled Paper from Rinea. And, I had a stroke of luck with the vellum circles when I found a small selection leftover in one of my old Elle's Studio kits!


Embellishment wise, I've added some sentiments; small alphas; a couple of nature themed washis and a small Swirlcards stamp set (that I haven't broken in!) 

I have a little 'add-on' of cards inspired by the Documenter Kit. There's a few from Elle's Studio and Simple Stories, but the majority are 'Forgeries' so I'll be back for Forgeries On The Fourth. With the add-on, I've included a few, little extra embellishments like labels, wood veneer and a charm - simply for a little bit of interest! And I'm done!


Please head on over to The Counterfeit Kit Challenge for all of the details and an introduction to this month's Guest Designer, Jess Claire Creates

9 comments:

  1. I love how you changed some parts from the inspiration kit, to make your own version of kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I love the touches of green woven throughout your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kit! Nicely neutral with just a bit of color and some pretty patterns as well. Your pocket cards are lovely too and I'm looking forward to reading about your forgeries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing that you chose the inspiration this month is readily apparent by the robust kit you've put together that I love much more than the original! Adding in the touch of green was a brilliant choice and I heartily approve of all of the forging going on here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful kit! I love the neutrals and the greens.The stamps are cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this was a great choice of kit to counterfeit and I have loved seeing how differently we have all approached it. Your kit is beautiful, I love the soft pinks and greens. The gold confetti is awesome :) I can't wait to see your forgeries and projects you make with your kit! Thank you so much for thinking of me for guest designer, I'm loving my kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute kit :) I perfer the coral too that you brought into your kit :) Have fun creating with that kit this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree. I love the addition of the green and what a cute stamp set.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your little tags and such.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x