Wednesday 6 September 2017

Collecting Small Moments {September's Counterfeit Kit Mini Kit}

Hello! Hello! It's time for the September Counterfeit Mini Kit Reveal! Phew! That's a bit of a mouthful!

I'm officially on the Mini Kit Team this month (but snuck in a full Main Kit 'Field Notes' earlier in the month, because I chose this month's inspiration kit and really, really wanted a full kit to create with!) And, I'm lucky that I did, because I used my Counterfeit Mini Kit almost as soon as I made it!


You can see that, once more, I raided my stash of 'leftovers' and chose to work with colours and textures that reminded me of the inspiration kit, Lost River by Studio Calico. I included lots of black, white, grey, navy blue, gold, aqua and turquoise. There's also a few arrows, maps, stars and flora/fauna - all of which are reminiscent of the inspiration kit! I had intended to use the Mini Kit to make a few Project Life Cards, so added in some Simple Stories stickers and sentiments. 

But, here's the thing ... I ended up making a Pocket Letter that looks so far removed from the Lost River Kit that it's hard to believe it started out as the leftovers in my Mini Kit.


I started out by cutting some of the scraps down to 2.5 x 3.5 (which is the standard size for Pocket Letters) then added the central, blue card (which is the last little bit of an old favourite.) From there, I added more colour, simply by turning over some of the cards to show their 'B Sides'. 

I made a lot of my own embellishments (with my dies and stamps) but added, as needed, from my own stash - and I'm happy to say that I also used some of the summery embellishments that I had leftover from my 'Sunshine Happiness' March Mini Kit.



Luckily, I also found (whilst looking for something else, obviously!) these lovely little vellum circles, which were included in one of my Elle's Studio Monthly Kits. They echo the vellum circles included in the Lost River Kit and were the best little addition to my Pocket Letter. To finish it all off, I added some little sentiments to a few of the cards and, voila, all done! 


There’s more inspiration from the rest of the Mini Kit Team - Lisa, Margie and Kelly – over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. Head on over now to see their kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments! Thank you x