Monday 6 March 2017

Sunshine Happiness Mini Kit {March's Counterfeit Mini Kit}

This month, I’m on the Mini Kit Team for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, which means that it’s finally my turn to let you know how I used this month's choice of kits from The Hip Kit Club as my inspiration to create a small, but sweet, mini kit – and what I made with it! (Not kept up with the amendments to our usual schedule? Catch up with a little overview!)


The kits featured recent collections including Maggie Holmes’ Chasing Dreams and Crate Paper’s Oasis. I must confess, that I added a little bit from each collection to my stash last month (and a few other bits - shocker!) so it would have been easy for me to use some of it as the base of my counterfeit this month, but I decided instead to base my inspiration on the colourful collection of items in the Project Life Kit.


I selected a sheet of 3x4 Journalling Cards and the 'Bits & Pieces' Diecuts from the Simple Stories' Sunshine & Happiness Collection, then added in some co-ordinating Simple Stories Alphas. (Using items from the same manufacturer makes kit building a breeze, especially when they work hard to make colours co-ordinate across collections!)

To finish the kit off, I added a couple of inks from Papermania (in colours that I would never usually touch) and a couple of cute washi tapes that I found last time I went to Primark! 


The cute, colourful cards were all the motivation I needed to start creating with some of my summer snaps from our annual visits to see Adrian's family in Portsmouth. We have such an amazing time and I am so, so happy to have finally made a start on recording these lovely memories! 


I'm really enjoying working with a smaller sized kit. It's not as overwhelming and I'm finding that less choice (and, therefore, less time making decisions) means more creating! I'll have a few more summer memories to share later in the month!

In the meantime, there’s more inspiration from the rest of the Mini Kit Team - Lisa, Margie and Kelly – over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Love your mini-kit! Cute pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a master at the mini-kit! Such pretty colors and I love that ephemera pack too. I agree that smaller kits can be more fun (and now I just have to put that into practice!).

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x