Wednesday 2 April 2014

Soft Sunshine {April's Counterfeit Kit}

The inspiration for this month's Counterfeit Kit Challenge was a little bit different, with the team using Case File #112 from CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration as the basis for their own kit choices! I immediately loved the bright and breezy colour scheme - it's absolutely perfect for spring - and the dreamy, softness of the inspiration 'scene.'


I've chosen a selection of 6x6 papers from Dear Lizzy, Studio Calico, Sodalicious and Prima, with a few additional scraps of cardstock in white, kraft, light blue and aqua. I also found a scrap of cardstock leftover from an experiment with my spray inks, so I threw it in for good measure! Somehow, I managed to veer away from the original colour scheme - adding a considerable amount of pink into the mix. But, I like it, so what does it matter?


The CSI Case File also lists some suggestions - evidence - for adding embellishments and/or textures. I tried to keep them in mind while sorting through some of my stash and have added some cute, little resin flowers; leaves, vintage style die-cuts and some 'frame' style stickers.


To complete my kit, I've added an absolute ton of letter stickers in a variety of co-ordinating colours and sizes - including my (discontinued - sob!) favourites from Sassafras. It was nice to find something in that beautiful, deep teal colour from the original 'scene'.


I'm hoping to work on a 'Pocket Style' album and some mini-cards this month, what will you be using your Counterfeit Kit for? 

16 comments:

  1. Lovely kit! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this month

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks lovely...hope you share your finished project x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay look at you doing some scrapping Ruffles... or at least preparing to do some.... looking forward to seeing what you make xxx ps good luck with the beading competition

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully photographed as ever ... hope you share some of your scrappy creations too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you jumping on board so quickly this month and joining in. Always a pleasure! Your kit is of course, lovely and I can only concur on those sassafras letters - I have only two and they are really so used up that I'm not sure I can squeeze out any more letters. Sad. Looking forward to seeing what you share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, lovely stuff. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty kit looking forward to what you do with it :) I plan to add some pocket style cards to mine too, not sure about the pages yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back. My kit is forming in my head but I need to move loads of stuff to get anywhere near my stash to get it assembled. Looking forward to seeing what you create. don't be away so long next time y'hear! ;)
    P.S. I was up your way a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink goes well with the minty green.Your kit looks like it will be great fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous looking kit! I spy Sassafrass letter stickers :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you've put together a great kit to play with this month, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with the rest - this is a gorgeous kit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely items in here - I do like that ticket and the arrows ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fabulous kit. Can't wait to see what lovelies you create with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Photographs of a very pretty kit! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x