Thursday 7 February 2013

Blue Skies {February's Counterfeit Kit}

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge have moved the 'reveal' of their inspiration kits to the 1st of each month meaning that even stragglers like me (who create their kits as soon as they're revealed and forget to blog about them) still have time to work with their kits during the rest of the month. Hurrah!

Our inspiration for this month was Scraptastic's 'Chasing Pavements' kit, which didn't really float my boat. And this is why, after all this time, I haven't subscribed to a kit club and the Counterfeit Kit Challenge is still my favourite - there's no waste because all it takes is a little bit of tweaking.

February Counterfeit

Although I love greens and blues in my scrapbooking, the colours in the inspiration kit were a little too dark for my tastes, so I went in search of lighter, brighter papers in my stash. My selection of greens has become really, really small - having used lots of them in previous counterfeits - so the majority of my papers are in shades of blue.

I found elements of green in papers from Echo Park, Lawn Fawn and American Crafts and, these multi-coloured papers have also added hints of pink to the colour scheme - lifting the blues a little and making my kit a little bit more usable. There are nods to the original, inspiration kit though, there's plenty of chevrons, arrows, stripes, hexagons and triangles in my kit - including the awesome 'To The Point' Stamp Set, from Avery Elle. Excuse me while I swoon!

CKC3

I've kept my embellishments fairly simple, including the embellishment sheet from Echo Parks 'Everyday Eclectic' Collection and alphas from October Afternoon and Lawn Fawn. I've also included a selection of twines, a white paper bag, these amazing little arrow stickers and some adorable flower cabochons.

CKC2

CKC1

I also came across another of my handmade banners and couldn't resist throwing it in - the colours matched perfectly and I'm not one to waste all that time spent stamping, cutting and stitching. If you're interested in making your own version, I created a really simple Pennant Banner Tutorial whilst putting together September's Counterfeit Kit.

There was such a varied interpretation of the inspiration kit by the Master Forgers that I'm intrigued to see how other counterfeiter's have been inspired, so expect a visit from me soon! 

13 comments:

  1. I think thats the best thing about CK's is that its your interpretation of the Kit chosen for the month - and how you are inspired by it picking from your own stash and you've done fabulously! I love your kit and your little banner is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous threads and that banner is fabby. Your lit looks grand and I love the title of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch! The stamp set and embellies you chose are wonderful! Looking forward to seeing them on your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely selection of papers/colours. I seem to be drawn to the beautiful blues of that hemp cord.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kit is phenomenal. I love those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you assemble and photograph your kits :) Can't wait to see how you use this one! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love those handmade pennant banners - so pretty and yep it does match, I thought you'd made it specifically!

    Those October Afternoon green stickers are some of my favourites, I've bought three sets so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, your kit looks sweet and lovely! that pennant banner is adorable and I love those flower cabochons. The inspiration kit has been very nicely adapted by your stash and taste! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like another great kit hun love your banner xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fab kit; hope you are having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love yout kit!! love how you turned it to your own version.
    I also love your stamps and cute arrows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!I MISS YOU(my toes are giggling).you did good on your kit.i guess i will have to go see your tut. on banner thingy.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x