Friday 18 December 2009

Challenging Times

If life isn't challenging enough in December - when you're running around buying last minute presents, tidying the house before your parents visit or battling your way through the masses in the supermarket - then you might be interested to know that I set the Weekly Challenge on UKScrappers earlier in the week and that you still have time to participate.

Yum

I really wanted to keep the requirements simple so that people could incorporate the challenge into their December Daily or Journal Your Christmas albums (if they wanted to.) I asked everyone to -

1. Scraplift - Having a bit of inspiration makes scrapping so much quicker. Make life a little easier on yourself and scraplift one of your favourite layouts.

2. Sew - I love the detail that sewing adds to a layout. Use some stitching on your layout to add detail and texture. If you don't have a machine, you can hand stitch or draw 'stitches' and if you do digital that's okay too! (I'm an all inclusive kind of girl!)

3. Scrap - I'm a big believer in using as much of that precious paper as possible. Pick out some of your favourite scraps (large or small) and use them on your layout.

I'm a huge fan of Amanda Johnson and love the way she manages to use the bare minimum of supplies and still make her layouts look amazing. I scraplifted her two layouts - 1 Day and Summer Fare - and I'm not sure that I managed to do them any justice, but it did get me thinking about new ways to approach my scrapbooking and that's the point, right?

Cake Love

There have been some amazing entries and sadly, there are no prizes (not that I'd be able to choose a winner) but maybe you could pop over and take a look to give them some love?

Have a good weekend folks x

6 comments:

  1. ooh hot choccie and cupcakes. just found the most fab cupcakes here in wells last weekend. have a cool weekend.
    jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity you have achieved with these LO's. Beautifully chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely LOs :-) Great challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x