Tuesday 18 September 2018

All The Feels Layout

I *think* this may be my favourite make of 2018. When I filled out my Style Profile for this month's Wild Hare Kit, I had absolutely no idea that I would end up scrapping a wedding. It really wasn't on my radar. I had no idea what I wanted to work on, so I asked for a versatile kit - one that would work for cards, layouts and other craftiness - and that's exactly what I received. (You can see my Wild Hare Kits: September 2018 Kit Reveal on my YouTube Channel.) 


I adored all of the black and white elements in my kit; a lovely mix of cardstocks from Amy Tan's 'Shine On' collection, Project Life cards, Simple Stories washi and, of course, the beautiful (exclusive) sequin mix from Spiegelmom Scraps. 

Basing the layout on this month's sketch, I had tried several of the Project Life cards with a different photograph. But, I didn't like the colour combination and I wanted to 'lift' the layout a little. Then I found this photograph of my nephew and his lovely bride, taken at their wedding in April 2017, and I knew I was 'onto a winner'.


Once the main area of the layout was completed (it did take a little while to make sure the idea of that sequin section worked well!) I moved on to embellishment. First I added a little extra embellishment to the sequin section, with an Epoxy Badge from the Simple and Sweet collection by Pinkfresh Studios. I love the little bit of colour and how it brings out the shimmer in the sequins. I then added extra detail with a little stamp from the Heidi Swapp 'Hawthorne' set, and set it off with a few enamel dots that are also from the Simple and Sweet collection.


I added the date of the wedding, with the Hawthorne set (so, so versatile!) and then used some of the 'Shine On' cardstock to make a little bow detail above the date. At the base of the layout I added a section of washi from Simple Stories, with two score lines above for a bit of extra detail. 

I'm so thrilled with my (unintended) layout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments! Thank you x