Tuesday 28 August 2018

Wild Hare Kits: Gifts For Jess-Claire

Hello. I'm over at the Wild Hare Kits today, with a little look at some of my favourite handmade embellishments, a little  box, and the short story of how Jess Claire and I met, in real life!

Jess and I 'met' on Instagram well before we both ended up on the Wild Hare DT. I noticed that Jess' bookshelves included some similar favourites and commented that we *had* to be friends. Luckily, she decided I wasn't insane - and now I have a crafty bestie ❤
 

We've swapped a few letters, bits of happy mail and had a little chat via our mobiles, but we've not met before. So, I decided that I couldn't meet her empty handed and made a little set of my favourite handmade embellishments to take with me (as well as a few other bits and bobs that I thought may make her smile.)

Normally, I would make these embellishments from my leftovers, but I decided to dive into my latest Wild Hare Kit and chose some of the beautiful new collections from Pinkfresh Studios that were included in my kit. I used some 6x6 sheets from 'A Case of The Blahs' and lots of the latest release, Simple & Sweet. They co-ordinate so well - and the colours are so fresh! I've added some small sentiments and enamel dots from my own stash (but they actually came in one of my earlier Wild Hare Kits!) I like to add a little bit of stitching, to add some texture and I left them 'messy' this time around as I know Jess loves the mixed media look!


You can see an earlier video, on my YouTube Channel, if you are interested in seeing exactly how I make these little embellishments!

Now, of course, I couldn't hand these over without a lovely box! So, I went back to my beautiful kit and, after a little think, decided to die-cut a small Pillow Box from the Pinkfresh Studios 12x12 sheets that I received. I do love having a mix of sizes to work with, it makes my kit so versatile! While I had my die-cut machine out, I made a doily from one of my 6x6 sheets and added it to the front of my Pillow Box. I used a sentiment from the 12x12 'cut apart sheet' and decorated with some twine from my kit - and a few little sparklies from my own stash. 


I *think* Jess liked her little bits (and we had such a lovely lunch) but I do still owe her a letter ... so until next month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments! Thank you x