Saturday 6 May 2017

Still Worthy {May's Counterfeit Mini Kit}

This month, I’m 'officially' on the Mini Kit Team for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge and I am so excited to show off the kit that I made - Still Worthy - based on this month's inspiration kits - the March 2017 Kits from Gossamer Blue. I loved the mix of colours in the inspiration kits, as well as all of the fresh, fun embellishments!

My kit may have been mini in size, but I felt really inspired by bundling it up and, as soon as I had it all photographed, I took it all apart and started working with it, finishing it off in super, speedy style. In fact, I finished it so quickly, that I made another kit - The Noteworthy Kit - based on the March 2017 Life Pages Kitwhich I revealed with the Main Kit Team! (And, I've used a lot of that already!)


Recently, my little basket of scraps has started to overflow and I felt the need to return to my 'use it or lose it' roots, so I had what I like to refer to as a 'rummage' and I've made a small kit, with a selection of scraps (most smaller than 6x4) based on the March 2017 Main Kit.

Yellow is definitely the major colour in my kit, but I also included all of the colours from the inspiration kit - navy, turquoise, lime, white and black. I also fished out several 'matching' sentiments (some handmade) and then added a small selection of embellishments. I love those little triangle enamels. Can you spot them?

You'll have seen the Counterfeit Die-Cuts that I made using the last, little remnants of this kit, but how about a little card-making inspiration? I love how simple it was to make this one! Just one or two scraps; a little sentiment; a few otherwise underused brads and a little scattering of sparkle!


There's a lot more for me to share over the rest of the month, but in the meantime, there’s more inspiration from the rest of the Mini Kit Team - Lisa, Margie and Kelly – over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. I love your scraps pile colours.Looks like a fun set of cards or layouts to come. The card you made is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the nicest looking pile of scraps I've ever seen! The card is also lovely - I really need to start making them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks like so much fun - maybe I need to bundle up my scraps so prettily like that. Fab card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh! Just love this - I read all about it last month but didn't get around to comment on how much I admire your little pile of scrummy scraps!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x