Saturday 1 April 2017

A Touch Of Whimsy {April's Counterfeit Kit Reveal}

Hello! Hello! It's the first of the month and that means that it's time for a new inspiration kit from The Counterfeit Kit Challenge! This month we're working with the Cocoa Daisy February 2017 Kits


There's a lot of fun, whimsical colour to choose from and, for some time, I was convinced that I would work with the rather lovely Day In The Life Kit. But, in the last month I ordered a little (and, by scrapbooking standards, I do mean little) haul of new stash, which included both the Chasing Dreams Collection from Maggie Holmes *and* the Lovely Day Collection from Dear Lizzy. So, for the very first time since I started counterfeiting, I've included stash that's new to me!


It's such a beautiful mix of colour and whimsy - and it's absolutely out of my comfort zone, but that's exactly why I decided to invest in some new collections! I want to include a little more colour, as I tend to stick to neutrals.


In order to be true to my counterfeiting roots, I've included some older sheets from the Serendipity Collection by Dear Lizzy, along with some older Thickers Alphas from Dear Lizzy. I love it when items from across collections work well in combination - it's makes counterfeiting so easy. To complete the counterfeit, I've added in some die-cuts and a small selection of washi. 

It seems like a small, simple collection, but it will be a challenge for me to use such an unusual combination of items!!!

I'm so looking forward to seeing what our Guest Designer Beth Moloney has created based on the inspiration. (And I'm looking forward to her YouTube format.)

You can also visit the rest of the Master Forgers for their take on the inspiration kit. 


Enjoy the month x

6 comments:

  1. Love your colour scheme and embellishments.I spy a fox too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combinations you've put together. I'm also drawn to Maggie and Lizzy but am challenged by some of their more whimsical papers. I'm looking forward to seeing how you combine the whimsy and the traditional (and those dotted washi tapes are lovely).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I obviously need to check out these two collections! Your kit is just sooo appealing to me. I know that I'd love using it up. Great collection and how much fun to be doing something different and using new product! Fun fun fun. I hope you'll share what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your kit! The colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your kit absolutely beautiful. Sometimes, I try to include at least one thing in my kit that it out of my comfort zone OR something I've been hoarding.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x