Friday 14 April 2017

A Beaded Romance {Bead & Book Challenge}

I had to take an unintentional break from the Bead & Book Challenge when I cut my thumb. It made it difficult and more than a little sore to craft, but it made it almost impossible to bead! Thankfully, it's all healed and I'm able to work with my beloved beads once more! (And, thankfully, I was able to teach last week without too much trouble!)


I've selected The Crystal Flower Necklace from Kelly Wiese's 'A Beaded Romance' for this month's challenge - and a challenge it will be! 

This beauty has been on my 'to-make' list since the book arrived (um, in 2016) but I've never liked making beaded ropes and this one is made with Size 15s. Meh. I've worked about an inch of the rope so far and am already losing the will to continue. This central rivoli is lovely though, eh? 


I found the netted bezel a little bit loose, so removed one of the seed beads from each section of the final round. I also added a seed bead between each of the Swarovski Crystal Bicones, because nature (and I) abhor a vacuum! 

Hopefully, I'll be back with the finished necklace by the end of the month, but currently the Size 15s are mocking me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments! Thank you x