Wednesday 16 November 2016

Little Layered Lovelies

Now, I must admit that I don't use a lot of layering in my scrapbook layouts, as I tend towards a more clean and simple look, but I love layering on smaller scale projects like mini-albums, cards and tags. In fact, it's one of my favourite ways to make use of my little leftover scraps and embellishments. 

So, when we were challenged to 'Bundle Up' by creating a project with lots of layers for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge #3, I decided to make up a batch of gift tags as my stocks of handmade cards and tags are running low. And what kind of crafter would I be if I didn't have them on hand when I needed some?


I started off by spritzing four of the shipping tags from my kit with a chalk white ink to add a little bit of background interest, then played around with some of my smaller scraps and die-cuts. I think it makes the colours stand out!


Once I had a base, I added some additional layers with stamps, punched shapes, die-cuts and small embellishments. Normally, I would have been tempted to add a little bit of extra texture by adding some machine stitching, but the sewing machine has been bundled up (with a lot of my craft stash) ready for my house move. Hopefully, this time next month I'll be in a new house! 


Please head over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, for more lovely layering from the Master Forgers. There's sure to be a lot of inspiration!

5 comments:

  1. These tags are so happy and fun! It's nice sometimes to just play and make something off the page. Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little bit of sprayed white both looks like frost or a little dusting of icing sugar - very festive :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you always manage to interpret the challenges or prompts in a way that makes sense to you. I missed you and are happy that you are back - great to see you playing along and these tags are really adorable

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x