Saturday 22 October 2011

Stashbusting Session {Pretty Paper Party}

I had a mammoth card making session last night. Mammoth. I decided to take inspiration from one of the Pretty Paper Party prompts - Dots & Stripes - and decided to use up some of my scraps.

Love Actually

I have a ton of long thin strips of paper, which I keep in a (burgeoning) 12 x 12 box, and another selection of scraps in an old shoebox, which I have sorted by colour. And you know what? No matter how much I try to whittle them down, I never seem able to make a dent in them. Still, it's worth a try if you end up with something to show for all your effort.

Anyway, here's a few of the cards I made last night....

Hello

I've also used some scraps from my August Kit and, a few that have already piled up from my October Kit.

I embellished with a few bits and bobs from the 'leftovers' tub I keep on my desk. At the end of a crafting session I just throw all of my brads, buttons, sentiments and such into a big tub. It saves tidying up and serves me well whenever I have a card making session. Whenever I get bored of rummaging through the same old things, I sort them and start all over again.

With Love

Thinking Of You

I'd love to know how the rest of you organise your scraps and such, and how you organise yourselves for a crafting session. Do you focus on creating each card one by one, or do you have a more 'assembly line' attitude?

7 comments:

  1. Such lovely cards from scraps,Clair.
    With scrapbooking scraps....I keep all the plains in one box....and all the patterns in another. But with cardmaking scraps I tend to keep them with the paper pack/stack that they came from as I find it easier to co-ordinate them to make something from.
    I do both with cardmaking...sometimes it's a one off card....though if I'm using stamped images I tend to colour a few at a time.....but sometimes I'll get out a paper pack and have a bit of an 'assembly line' session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Err.... Both?! Sometimes I want to make 'a card', sometimes I want to make 'some cards'. If the latter, I go for assembly line!

    Love your cards, babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab cards...I don't make cards very often, so all my scraps live together!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that lace flower on one of the cards. I tend to put any leftovers from projects, to one side on my desk and then use them to make cards when I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of a "throw it all in one place" place for all those bits and pieces. I might try that. all my scraps are in one box and impossible to sort through. I'd have to make a hundred cards to make a dent! ;-)
    your cards are all lovely and you'll be making some of your friends very happy with these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually make cards one by one, but occasionally get an assembly line going, especially when I'm making thank-you / invite cards etc. Even then I usually make each one a little different - eg by stamping a stamp in different colours on each card. Otherwise I get bored!

    These cards look fab, a great way to use up scraps. I really need to have some scraps on hand for a quick card make. What card have you used for the base? I love the grid pattern. x

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x