Tuesday 18 October 2011

Rose Garden {October's Counterfeit Kit}

How lovely it is to have a little bit of time to myself! I'm looking forward to - finally - having some time to work with my Counterfeit Kit. I actually started work on putting together my kit as soon as the October Inspiration Kit was revealed, but I haven't had much chance to show it off!

The Inspiration Kit was chock full of American Crafts - one of my all time favourite scrapbook manufacturers. I just love how each and every one of their patterns co-ordinate with each other, even across collections!

Rose Garden

To start with I raided my stash for some of my favourite American Crafts papers, then added in some co-ordinating colours and styles from Echo Park and Prima. I've included co-ordinating alpha sets from Papermania and October Afternoon and a sheet of beautiful cardstock stickers from Echo Park's Victoria Gardens.

Rose Garden - Handmade Embellishments

I've made some of my own floral style embellishments, using some trim and a few bits of bling that I had in my stash. I love the way these look - and hope you will too - watch out for a wee tutorial later this week!

I'm excited to start working with my luscious little kit and even though there's not really all that much of October left, I've received the first few prompts from Shimelle's new class - Pretty Paper Party - so I have no excuse not to get creating.

13 comments:

  1. Clair, this is GORGEOUS!! I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - I am turning green as I type. Enjoy the kit and your class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your kit - and your flowers look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beeeeeaaaauuuuutifullllllll!
    Such lovely rich warm colours! Looking forward to seeing what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the colors you chose! and the flowers are soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, you got your Victoria Gardens goodies then :) I'm thinking we should have that meet up SOON and scrap our way through a prompt or two, what do you think? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! I was beginning to worry you wouldn't join us this month ;-)

    This is a wonderful kit and I spy one of my fave AC spotty papers (the aqua) - I think I used this one back in May. I love your braid twirly elements. The colours in your kit are rich and luscious and I can't wait to see what you make...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see some bright yellow during this time of year. There's still plenty of time to play along this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the colors that you used in your kit. I also like that it is small so you shouldn't be too overwhelmed. Your flowers are cute. I think I might make some flowers today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm my type of colours looking forward to the end result x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i bought some of those diecut sheets on a whim from 2peas sale and now I have to confess that I just do not know how I am going to use them. So I will be watching very closely to see what you do with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful gold tones in your kit! And those floral embellies are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great looking kit you have put together. I like the look of those recycled letters and your clever embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x