Saturday 20 August 2011

A Confession & A Craft Catch Up

I have a little confession. I scheduled all of my Make The Day Special DT Projects for while I was away, but never even thought about scheduling posts for them over here on my own blog. Duh!

So, here's a little crafty catch up...

DSC_0391

This little note card uses one of the longer, background stamps from Beautiful Botanicals, along with one of the sentiment stamps from Sophie's Sentiments.

Using an ink in a similar tone to my cardstock, I simple stamped back and forth to create a subtle background pattern on my base. Then added my sentiment and a handmade ruffled ribbon flower. Done in minutes!

DSC_0395

This bright and beautiful card uses three of Lawn Fawn's most popular stamp sets - Jessie's ABCs, Blissful Botanicals and Bon Voyage. Jessie's ABCs is a super set full of letters - upper and lower case - along with numbers and punctuation. It even includes multiples of some letters, making longer words and phrases easy and quick to stamp. I can now stamp my own sentiments whenever I like - versatile and easy on the pocket!

So, to use the sentiment I'd stamped, I then created a card to showcase it a little. The background is created using one of the stamps from BLissful Botanicals - stamped in the 'sing along' colours of the rainbow - and the clouds are from Bon Voyage.

DSC_0400

A little tag that I made using some of the leftovers from a project using my mist inks. Little cards and tags really are a great way to use up all of those scraps you have lying around!

The base of the card was already misted in autumnal colours, so I wanted to create something 'earthy'. I used the corner stamp from Lawn Fawn's Blissful Botanicals and coloured it using Promarkers, then added a suitably nature inspired sentiment from Unity's Naturally You. Quick, simple and, yet, extremely satisfying!

And, of course, today's teeny tiny card...

Genuine Genius

I just love this cute label stamp from Unity's Garden Variety set - which is part of the Make The Day Special's Amazing August Sale. The label can be stamped with or without the 'Genuine' sentiment, but I left it in and then squeezed in some extra alphas from Lawn Fawn's Jessie's ABCs and made a little 'congratulations' card with a difference.

And if that's not enough inspiration for you, do head over to Make The Day Special to catch up on all of the projects from our amazing design team.

Have a good weekend folks x

3 comments:

  1. Not noticed Make The Day Special before - and have no money, so trying not to notice their sale now either! - but I LOVE the cards you've made - especially the rainbow one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, I especially love the rainbow one as I think it would brighten any day! X

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x