Monday 10 May 2010

Colour In Combination:

Last night I did one of my most favourite things. Steady now. I pulled out all of my beading magazines and started flicking through them to find inspiration for some new beading projects. Only, it just wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be.

It seems that there comes a time in a beaders life when she has flicked through the same magazine too many times for the projects to seem new and enticing. So, of course, I used it as an excuse to have a little browse through all of the craft magazines in our local newsagents - and for purchasing a new, lovely and very colourful copy of Bead Magazine.

Bead Magazine

This month's magazine is a special, dedicated to using colour. Something I would like to be a little more daring with myself. I find that I use the same colours all of the time - in my beading, my scrapbooking and my decorating! Anyone that's in a similar kind of colour rut, might like to check out one of Kirsty's latest posts on The Copy & Paste Project all about finding colour inspiration in the everyday. It's spot on and, obviously, just in time to help me avoid disaster.

I'll be sure to let you all know how I'm getting on with my projects, but first a cup of tea, a biscuit and my new magazine. Bliss!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Don't tempt me! I've already got too many hobbies... I love those colourful glass beads... I may just have to try a little beading project... noooooo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy :-) Can't wait to see what it inspires you to make! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Clair, just wanted to come by and give you a hug. Glad you're doing better. Off to play with the birthday party printables.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x