Sunday 7 March 2010

Stashed Away {Scrap Sunday}

A couple of week ago, I decided that it was time to spring clean the craft room and sort through some of my craft stash. Over the winter, the room had become a bit of a dumping ground and all the surfaces - including the floor - were covered with leftovers from previous projects. I spent a whole day sorting, sifting and re-organising and found a lot of stash that I'd completely forgotten about. I love that. It's a bit like finding a £10 note in the pocket of a coat you only wear occasionally!

Brads & Eyelets

However, I realised just how much stash I have that I bought when I started scrapbooking - stamps, chipboard flowers, eyelets, brads and patterned papers - that don't really suit the style of scrapbooking I've come to think of as 'my style'. And, although I'm making a huge effort to use up some of my craft stash in my Waste Not Wednesday tutorial series, I've been wondering how I'm going to use up my stickers, my pile of sheet music or my box full of sequins.

Luckily, I have some truly wonderful friends! After a week of suffering from horrid headaches, the lovely Mel from I Speak Melsh cheered me up by signing me up for Shimelle's new scrapbooking class - Something From (Almost) Nothing. What a welcome surprise!

Letters & Bottletops

The class is designed to help you use up your existing stash and some of the sneak peeks look absolutely divine. I am so excited - the class looks fantastic and I'm thrilled that Mel and I will be doing the class at the same time. It will be so nice to meet up, work on our prompts, swap stash and eat cake. Eating cake is obligatory and has become the foundation of our friendship!

Class starts on Wednesday. In the meantime, I'm sharpening my pencils, covering my exercise books and wondering if there'll be any cute boys in class!

12 comments:

  1. And I thought the scintillating conversation was the foundation of our friendship. *sigh*...

    OK, I'll settle for cake. And cute boys ;-)

    How many bottle tops?! Clever idea to do close-ups though. And to only show a small part of your stash. Wish I'd thought of that!

    Final comment, then I promise to go away... So pleased to have cheered you up with this class :-) I'm really looking forward to working through it with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is excellent. I could so do with a stash-swap buddy, cake-eating buddy and general all-round "real-life" crafting buddy. Know of any near Sheffield?
    See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to my lengthy and extremely witty comment?! Blogger it!!

    OK, edited (and more polite) version.... Cake sounds good. As do cute boys. And I'm glad my gift cheered your week, and I'm very much looking forward to working through it with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn it. It is there. Blogger is messing with my mind. Now everyone can see it wasn't all that lengthy or witty after all. *sigh*....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good to be able to scrap together! That really is 'having your cake and eating it'! Look forward to seeing you both in class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you, you better go into DE-tail about what you consider your style...give us/{ME} some brand names as examples, what kind of vintage, etc., etc., etc. I do not what to send ya something to find you wont use it unless of course it's a challenge and ya gotta use exactly what I send you.
    SO, SO funny humel, at least you won't be hearing off with their heads in ref. to the cake. Have fun in class and I see that you have the be nice and share down pat. Happy happies.

    P.S. Has the Royal Mail got their act together yet? I want my september thingy, my november thingy and those other thingys!!! I flat want my stuff from Clair!!! ;){my wink looks funny}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am wishing for a crafter to create and more importantly eat cake with!! Maybe we should set up a kinda blind date service for scrappers eg Furrypig from Surrey seeks crafter with lots of DST and cake!??? lol look forward to seeing you in class xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you'll love the class....and maybe send cake to all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cannot wait for this class either! Glad we're both doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. clair you made me laugh...I agree that eating cake whilst scrapping with friends is a must! i also signed up with Shimelle....enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stash shots! I am hoping to use lots of stuff~ Lord knows I need too, lol. I like your 'waste not wednesday's, that tutorial was great:) Love your blog header too! Thanks for visiting me, looking forward to seeing you in class!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x